PE and Sport Premium
PE and Sport Premium at Leedstown School
Our vision at Leedstown Primary School is to ensure all children enjoy Physical Education and Sport. Through Physical Education and Sport we aim to improve health and well-being, to promote active participation and lifelong learning and for each child to fulfil their potential.
At Leedstown Primary School, we believe PE and Sport play an important role for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding for two years to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Sport Premium Grant
The total amount of Sport Premium Grant received by Leedstown Primary School for this academic year is £16,680.
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School?
‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
Spending Plan for the PE and Sport Premium
We have decided to spend the Sport Premium Grant on the following:
- buying into the PET School Sport Premium
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- hiring specialist PE teachers or quality sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- increased participation in sports competitions and increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Improve the quality and diversity of PE and School Sport.
- Think about specific needs of our pupils, eg. Gifted and Talented; training young leaders; encouraging children to become more active.
- Review PE policy
- Identify quality criteria
- CPD/training opportunities of staff
- Collaboration with others, eg PET Schools, Local Sports Clubs/Mounts Bay Academy